I went back to school Monday. At this point, I'm usually okay with the fact that school is starting back because I've had time to rest and feel refreshed. Not this year! I barely felt like I was out a week before I was driving those same back roads and pulling in the parking lot to enter the bulding with that ever so familiar "school" smell. It's crazy! It took a couple days preparing my classroom and getting ready for kids for me to finally realize it would be okay to go back. The kids came Wednesday and have been really good so far (knock on wood) and the hardest thing has been getting out of bed in the mornings. I'm somewhat enjoying being back on a schedule, forcing myself to drink my water during the day, and eating the gross microwavable Smart Ones meals instead of the cafeteria fake barbeque. In a weird way, it's been nice.
I wasn't the only one starting a new school year this week. My precious little Camden (Brooke's oldest) started kindergarten. I can't believe it. I've thought about him so much and pictured him walking into the classroom with his little backpack on. Time flies. Here's his sweet picture of his first day. He's all the way over on the righthand side, red shirt. Nice pose, isn't it? Can you tell he was super excited to be there? I know that made it much easier on Brooke and Thomas! I love you Camden!
4 comments:
It's hard to believe school has already started. It doesn't help that it's 100 degrees outside. Well, hope this is a good school year for you with a good class. I know what a difference that makes. Maybe you can get some good sleep Saturday morning. Hope I can bring the babies to Mars Hill school one of these days before long. Love ya.
Glad you're back! I couldn't see Camden's picture though! Enjoy the fake BBQ!
I am glad that you have a good class this year. That can make all the difference. I bet that you are a cool teacher! By the way I couldn't see the picture either.....
Good luck with your class this year! And I have wondered what it would be like to be in your class. Can I come be a fly on the wall one day? Maybe Bonnie will have you one day if we send her there.
Post a Comment