Having said that, my regular readers (all three of you) know that it doesn't take much for me to become starstuck. You all know my "obsession" with Taylor. Well, I have a new story. Yesterday, I was shopping with some friends in Nashville. We were at the mall in Cool Springs. We had just finished eating lunch when the most exciting thing happened. (Let me insert here, that the food court at Cool Springs has one of my favorite foods in the entire world. They have a place called California Wraps where they serve a Malibu Chicken Wrap. If you go there-have it. It's delicious! Gena can vouch for it too.) Anyway, we were throwing our trash away and beginning to search for our next store to visit. My friend Cortnie ran up to me and said, "Amy, Jennifer from Days of Our Lives is back there." OH MY WORD!!!! I tivo Days every day and regardless if I should be or not, I'm an avid watcher. I raced back, following Cortnie to find her. Yes, there she was. Melissa Reeves who played Jenniefer Deveraux on Days of Our Lives was about five feet in front of me. She was with who I'm assuming is her daughter, and then an older lady, maybe her mother. I was trying to work up the courage to say something to her. They were walking along the mall just as everyone else was. No one seemed to even notice her. I didn't know what to do. I think I made more of a spectacle than her presense did. Anyway, we walked behind her as she walked around the food court for a few seconds. The whole time I was trying to figure out what to say. Then to my sadness, she decided to leave instead of buying lunch. They walked out the big, glass doors and I lost my chance to talk to one of my favorite actresses! Oh well-just being able to see her made the whole trip worth it for me. Thanks, Cortnie, for running to get me.
After sharing the excitement with other friends at the mall, we decided that Melissa and her husband Scott probably live in Nashville now. She is no longer on the show and we know that he is a country music singer. We assume they moved for him to further his career. His band is called Blue County, I believe. Anyway, that experience would have meant nothing to many of you. But to me, it was awesome! I may just have to frequent that mall more often!!!
4 comments:
The funny thing is, we probably walked right past her and didn't even know it! We left right before you! Oh well...I'm glad you got to see her!
I like her too and I was sad she left Days (and yeah, I love Days also). I think I read somewhere that her and her husband were moving to Nashville. Very neat Amy!
Oh Amy! You're so funny!
oooooo how exciting! I think shes the prettiest one!
Post a Comment